We’re Hiring for a Video Producer Position!
We’re seeking a top-notch video producer to join our communication team at Salud America!, our national Latino health equity organization based at the Institute for Health Promotion Research (IHPR) at UT Health San Antonio.
The producer will conduct digital, studio, and field-based video and audio work.
This includes planning, scripting, filming, editing, sound mixing, graphic design and compression output, and distribution of a wide range of video and audio products on a wide variety of mediums and channels.
Details for the Video Producer Position
A bachelor’s degree and three years of related experience is required.
Also required is:
- Prior experience in all aspects of video/audio production (creatively conceptualizing and translating ideas, planning, scripting, filming, editing, and distributing via digital, social, and other media).
- Experience in studio and on-site video/audio production (operating cameras, cinematography, file compressions, graphics manipulation, lighting, etc.).
- Prior experience managing complex video/audio projects, common video/audio formats and procedures, and computer programs (Final Cut Studio, Adobe Creative Suite, Audition, Premier, etc.).
- Experience speaking/acting in front of the camera, and interviewing and managing talent and real people on camera, podcasts, etc.
- Prior experience using/interpreting data and analytics to evaluate video and audio performance.
Why Join Salud America!
Latinos are a rising U.S. powerhouse. But they face barriers to be their healthiest and suffer high rates of obesity and other health inequities.
Salud America! creates culturally relevant and research-based stories, videos, a podcast, and action tools to inspire people to start and support healthy changes to policies, systems, and environments where Latino and all children and families can equitably live, learn, work, and play.
The program’s award-winning multimedia communications help our social and digital network—more than 300,000 moms and dads, providers, and community and school leaders—push for healthy changes.
We cover the issues of Healthy Families and Schools, Healthy Neighborhoods and Communities, and Healthy and Cohesive Cultures.
Salud America! is led by health disparities researcher Dr. Amelie G. Ramirez and supported by a passionate team of communicators at Ramirez’s Institute for Health Promotion Research (IHPR) in the Department of Population Health Sciences in the School of Medicine at UT Health San Antonio. The program is supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.