We’re Hiring for a Grant Specialist Position!
Apply now as a Grants & Contracts Specialist with our Institute for Health Promotion Research (IHPR) at UT Health San Antonio.
The position is responsible for:
- Reviewing the IHPR’s activities of standard and complex grants and contracts
- Providing expert financial oversight to IHPR investigators with grant funding
- Assisting with proposal budget preparations and submissions
- Mentoring junior members of the IHPR research management team
- A bachelor’s degree and five years of work experience is required.
The IHPR, founded in 2006 under the leadership of world-renowned health promotion researcher Dr. Amelie G. Ramirez, is part of the Department of Population Health Sciences in the School of Medicine at UT Health San Antonio. Its mission is to investigate the causes and solutions to the unequal impact of cancer and chronic disease among certain populations, including Latinos, in San Antonio, South Texas and the nation.
The IHPR team uses evidence-guided grant research, training, communication, and community outreach to improve the health of Latinos and those at a disadvantage due to social determinants. Latinos are a rising U.S. powerhouse, but they face barriers to be their healthiest and suffer high rates of obesity and other health inequities.